How to Source Products from China?
China is one of the world’s largest exporters. It has a large number of factories and products that are made to export. If you want to start your own business or become an importer, sourcing products from China will be essential for your success. In this blog post we’ll teach you what it takes to source products from china, solving your problems of How to source products from China.
The benefits of sourcing product from China
China has been a leader in manufacturing for decades. Millions of jobs were lost to overseas markets during the 2000’s, many of which will never return to America. But this doesn’t necessarily mean that China is bad. In fact, you should source your products from China because:
– Labor costs and other production costs are much cheaper than they are in the United States and Canada
– Many factories in China have modernized and can produce high quality products at competitive prices
The goal of this article is to give you an idea how simple it is to source products from china using Alibaba as your platform for finding suppliers. I’m going to walk you through how I found my supplier for one of my latest product. And how you can do the same.
The process of sourcing product in Alibaba
Before going any further, let me tell you how I managed to get a product manufactured and shipped from China all within 30 days. This should give you an idea how fast Chinese manufacturers can work compared to how long it takes for products to go through North American customs
First thing I did was sign up on Alibaba using my Gmail account. There are a few reasons why I chose a gmail account over a yahoo or hotmail email address:
– Most suppliers will not trade with users that have hotmail accounts because they’re more likely to be scammers – Suppliers may prefer Google+ reviews over other sources of reviews such as Facebook reviews, so if your supplier is willing to leave their reputation online, its best you use a Gmail or Google+ account.
– Your supplier doesn’t need to leave their reputation online for you to find out how they are on Alibaba, negative reviews will indicate whether your supplier is worth doing business with
– Suppliers on Alibaba will email you through the platform, so you don’t need an email address that the supplier can contact you directly on (this goes back to how I said how important it is not to disclose private information)
After telling my supplier how quickly I wanted the product delivered and how many units of this product I wanted manufactured along with some other details about my project. My supplier immediately offered me 2 options: printing or silk screen printing of my logo onto the shirt. That’s how quick Chinese manufacturers work, how long have you been sourcing your products from China?
After selecting how the logo would be printed on the t-shirts, my supplier gave me a link to visit this page on Alibaba which is where I had to upload some photos of how my logo should look like after being printed onto the t-shirt. And how it had to be laid out on the t-shirt so that there are no mistakes made during production.
This was an easy step for me because I already knew how my logo looked like before I uploaded it to Alibaba. If you do not know how your logo looks like then you probably shouldn’t waste time with finding a supplier, if you don’t know how your product or brand looks then how can expect someone else to?
After I uploaded how my logo should look like, how it had to be laid out and how many units of this product I wanted manufactured. My supplier gave me a quote that wasn’t too expensive for how much work was needed from their factory to produce the products. And within 24 hours of receiving this quote from my supplier, how fast do you think your suppliers will reply? The order was made and confirmed! And how long did it take once a purchase agreement has been established? That’s right, only about 30 days until the shipment arrived at my door step in Canada!
Cooperating with Sourcing company
If you do not want to spend too much time on the sourcing process, Sourcing agency is a good choice for you. A reliable sourcing agency can help solve about 99 problems of product sourcing .All you need to do is stay at your warehouse and wait for the products. The only problem is how to choose a reliable sourcing agency. In the following content, we will share our experience about this topic.
Search you should do before selecting
When people share their sourcing horror stories, there’s usually one common denominator: the company was trusting bad advice from a deceptive or irresponsible agency. To stop this from happening to you, follow these steps when choosing a reliable sourcing agency .
- Do Your Homework
Start by doing some research on sourcing agencies in your area or in an area where you plan to do business. Learn the difference between “sourcing” and “procurement.”
Sourcing is when you pay a company to find suppliers for you, while procurement is when you negotiate with third-party suppliers directly.
This distinction avoids confusion when it comes to knowing who has what authority in negotiations. You can also learn more about costs involved with each process.
Next, check out online reviews of different companies. Read comments left by real people, not brand representatives posing as users! How do they handle complaints? What are their policies? The answers will help tip you off to which ones are reliable sources of information on sourcing .
- Reference Reliable Sources
If you’re looking on the Internet for leads, make sure your sources are reliable. Asking around on forums can help you get connected with experts in the industry. Sites like LinkedIn are also great resources.
If you can’t find a connection on LinkedIn, try searching for experts or companies that may be able to point you in the right direction . Once you’ve established some good lead generation platforms, it’s time to start actually building lists of potential candidates.
This is when reputable agencies come into play… but make no mistake — even marketing agencies have their own agendas! To avoid being influenced by brand bias, ask yourself three questions about any agency before hiring them: 1) How long have they been in business? 2) Do they have a proven track record of results? 3) Do they provide references from other satisfied clients ?
- Get the Facts
The last thing red flags to watch out for when finding a reliable sourcing agency is vague, confusing, or contradicting claims .
When you’re presented with a suite of services, ask questions about how their process works and what exactly it includes. Know the true costs involved and make sure they pass your sniff test . If something doesn’t feel right — whether it’s too good to be true or just seems off — walk away!
Reliable sourcing companies won’t mislead you… especially when it comes to an investment as important as this one.
How to choose a reliable sourcing agency
– Start by doing some research on sourcing agencies in your area or in an area where you plan to do business.
– Reliable sources are reliable sites like LinkedIn. They can also be marketing agencies with good client lists, who are not biased by brand favoritism.
– Ask questions about how their process works and what exactly it includes. Know the true costs involved and make sure they pass your sniff test . If something doesn’t feel right — whether it’s too good to be true or just seems off — walk away! Reliable sourcing companies won’t mislead you… especially when considering an investment as important as this one.
– Reliable agencies provide references from other satisfied clients . Reliable companies will have a proven track record of results. They also have been in business for a while.
– The last thing red flags to watch out for when finding a reliable sourcing agency is vague, confusing, or contradicting claims . When you’re presented with a suite of services, ask questions about how their process works and what exactly it includes. Know the true costs involved and make sure they pass your sniff test . If something doesn’t feel right — whether it’s too good to be true or just seems off — walk away! Reliable sourcing companies won’t mislead you… especially when considering an investment as important as this one.
Why choose Pangea Sourcing
Pangea is a top supplier of Australian products, sourcing them from factories in China and other countries around the world.
Maintaining quality control throughout all stages of production ensures that you’ll find only high-quality goods at our store for your biggest savings!
Importing from China can be a daunting task, but it’s also one of the most worthwhile things you can do to grow your business.
Pangea Sourcing is here to help make that process easier. With over 20 years of experience in sourcing and manufacturing product from all around the world for clients large and small, we know how important it is not only to find reliable suppliers who provide high-quality products at competitive prices, but also work with a company who has extensive knowledge about international trade laws and regulations so they may guide their customers through every step of importing safely and easily.
We have helped countless companies successfully import goods without any issues or complications – let us show you how easy it really is!